Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekend Recap

It wasn't the most eventful weekend by any means. So this might be a quicker than normal recap... especially since I only took pictures on Saturday.

On Friday, I took a nap after work, grabbed a glass of wine with my dad, made some whole wheat pasta with olive oil, fresh garlic, and Parmesan Reggiano, and watched Hope Floats with my mom. I haven't seen that movie for so long...I forgot parts of it were tear jerkers, and I forgot how much I loved the soundtrack.  

I'm still sore from my circuit workout from Saturday morning... like walking very very slowly and awkwardly sort of sore. I went to the Creighton/Indiana State game on Saturday afternoon with CM, another friend, and his roommate.
After the watching the Jays win, we walked over to the mattress factory (an old mattress factory converted into a bar) for a quick drink...

With CM...I'm really baffled as to why I'm at an odd angle.


After the game (and at the game), I got to spend some time with PM, one of my oldest friends...growing up we had play dates before and after preschool almost everyday, and went to school together through high school. He is living out of the country now doing some incredible art --so seeing him, much less spending time with him, is a rarity. So this was like the best person to run into ever!

JL, the aforementioned roommate, claims to resemble an attractive Jonas brother...thus the need for sunglasses (I made him take the hood down)...since the paparazzi was out. Ha.

Sunday was my favorite day. I watched Napolean Dynamite, grabbed brunch at whole foods, and saw Django Unchained with JL (It was really good, albeit graphic, I thought since it was a Tarantino movie there would be some unexpected twist, and there wasn't)... I ended the day with some of my favorite food group: Mexican. Margaritas and Nachos...the combination clearly means its a great start of the week, or a great end of the week. 

How was your weekend?
Thanks for reading =D










6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend! Any weekend that ends with Mexican food + Margs is perfect. I could eat that every day of my life and I'd be the happiest person ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a great weekend! Who doesn't love to end it with Mexican food for dinner!! Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mm Margaritas and nachos. my fav!

    I have to confess, sometimes I get really confused by the initials of people. Did you go to the movie with the Jonas Bro? He's a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I'm 21, I LOVE just going to get margaritas and queso/guacamole! This little Mexican place near my house makes the best queso, and I miss it so much while I'm at school! I'm loving your necklace in the pics! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's it. You've made my decision for me. Mexican for dinner it is!

    ReplyDelete