Thursday, January 17, 2013

Back To School

Today marks my last first day of school. 

I just added it up... Between preschool, 7 years elementary school, 2 years middle school, 4 years high school, 4 years college, and 3 years law school. That's more than 20 years of my life that I've been in school. Crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I'm really excited about my final semester of law school... I have a fantastic schedule which will permit me to clerk all the time at the job I love, and focus on the subjects I love. I'm taking Appellate Litigation, Pretrial Litigation, Defense of Criminal Cases (on the Federal Level), Civic Organizing and Democracy, and I'm the captain of, and an oralist on, our traveling International Appellate Litigation team.

What I am  looking forward to the most is the unknown (this is coming from the type-a planner). What comes after I graduate (other than the Bar Exam). The great adventures I'm ready to have, changing the world, all the things I want to, and am so excited to, accomplish during my lifetime. I have to couple my ambition with gratitude. It amazes me that I have been blessed enough to, and live in a place that allows me to, have an incredible education and all the opportunities that it has presented me. I can't wait to see what my (years of) education is going to allow me to do in the future. 

Happy Thursday & Thanks for Reading!






3 comments:

  1. Have a great day girl! Take a picture and send it to your mom so she can put it next to your first first day of school pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck doll!!!! So impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go! You are doing some awesome stuff this semester. I'm sure your resume looks GREAT!

    I'm excited for you post-grad, post-bar too. Life after law school is the best.

    ReplyDelete