Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Faves

T.G.I.F.!!!  This week has flown by.  I can't believe that it's APRIL, or that I have about a month of school left, and the best part...it's the weekend.  Or as R.Kelly would say in his song Ignition "It's the freakin' weekend baby, I'm gonna have me some fun." (Yes, I just quoted R.Kelly).  Here are a few of my faves from this week:

*Extra Dessert Delights-Mint Chocolate Chip-When I chew gum it is some type of mint--spearmint, winterfresh, peppermint...you get the picture.  I'm opposed to fruity gum because it loses flavor so stinkin' fast, and I don't do cinnamon gum because it makes my tongue bumpy...  So to say I was reluctant to try this gum was an understatement, but now that I've tried it--I LOVE it.  Who would think that a Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream gum would actually be delicious, have a lasting flavor, and be 5 calories a stick?! (I'll admit the Key Lime was really good too--but it dissolved when I went running while chewing some, which was kinda gross).  If you haven't tried the dessert delights by Extra--go out and get some!

Skype:  I installed skype awhile ago...and haven't really appreciated it/used it til this past week.  I am a total skype junkie now.  I really don't have a whole lot to say about skype other than it is a wonderful way to see someone you want to see but can't...  For me it's better than a phone call because I say things that I think are funny but without my expression they're not...so skype helps me be funny (no, really)... and it's free :) 

Benefit Eye Bright:   Twice a year, around the last month of school my eyes get bags under them, look like slits most of the time, and for lack of a better comparison--it looks like I had a really fun night before--when in reality I was studying, and sleeping fitfully because of stress and dreams about finals.  Since I'm not a famous rapper, I can't pull of the sunglasses indoors look...but thanks to benefit's eye bright I don't need to.  This little pencil which I apply like eyeliner on my bottom lid--and then in the corners of my top lid--actually brighten my eyes, and make them appear like they're open, and sparkling...all when they're not!  I got mine at sephora, but you can get yours right here :)


Stepmill:  I don't know why this is one of my faves--as my current relationship with it is one of love/hate.  I can't stand using this machine, but I'm a glutton for punishment, I actually am sore the next day, and it's great to actually suffer through a workout...so I do it.  Plus, it's nice to change up my workout from running--even though I have a half marathon (with my sister-in-law) in about 23 days (not that I'm counting)...  If you haven't ever tried this--do it.  You'll hate your life while using it, but it's such a great workout, that by your next cardio session--you'll be back on it :)


Tenth Avenue North--"By Your Side": To say that I'm extremely hard on myself and a perfectionist would be an understatement.  The times in my life where things don't go as planned, the things I can't control, or things that just hurt--are for me, like they are for everyone--Painful.  A couple years ago, I was going through a rough spot, when my mom sent me this song--letting me know the lyrics were true of God--and true of her and my dad.  It wasn't what I wanted to hear at the time, but it was what I needed to hear.  Lately, I feel as if this song has become even more applicable in certain situations...and it is such a comfort to hear the song, and listen to the lyrics--and know that I have someone on my side.  (They don't have a music video made, and this is just a random compilation of pictures--that I've never fully watched--nonetheless enjoy!).


Thanks for Reading...Have a Wonderful Weekend!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment