Monday, December 3, 2012

Throwback Photo


The third day of the 31 Day of Blogging Challenge by Emily over at Blue Dog Belle is to show all of you: a picture of me as a child. I have a few pictures that are "go-to" because I have them framed and up in my room, or I've previously used them on here. However, since I wanted to procrastinate studying for finals and working on my take home exam going outside the box with this challenge... I thought I would find something that I haven't used on this blog before:


This picture was taken in the Summer of 1991 (so I would have been 4 years old). My longest friend Morgan is on the left, and I'm on the right. I never noticed this until I was studying it today, but I love how we were both in dresses and bows for our playdate, and our healthy lunches.

My favorite part about this picture is that it is an incredible reminder to me that Morgan's and my friendship has not only withstood the test of time and distance, but our friendship is  always constant. We can go for months without seeing each other, and then pick up exactly where we left off.  Morgan is one of the few people that can read me quite well, and one of the only people, if not the only person, who calls me out when I need a wake up call in certain areas of my life. She is someone I know that if I need her, she'll be there, or on the phone, or facetime at the drop of a hat. She really is a true friend, and I'm lucky that she is my longest friend.

Writing this post and seeing this picture made me happy!
Thanks for reading & Happy Monday. oxo

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I'm loving your outfit! Sometimes I love looking at pictures and thinking about who my friendships have evolved since the picture was taken. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a darling picture! I love the apple smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. too cute. Adore this post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Love hearing about friendships that have lasted for years!!

    ReplyDelete