On the 26th day of her 31 Days of Blogging Challenge, Emily from Blue Dog Belle, asked me to: "List Ten Things You Are Thankful For." Sometimes during the Holiday (and Law School Finals) Season it is hard to remember an attitude of gratitude. I really liked this prompt, it reminded me of all the wonderful things and people that I'm lucky enough to have in my life. And since it's 11.30 (I watched Cheer Perfect with some girlfriends, so I didn't finish this like I thought I would)...I'm going to share with you 5 things that I'm thankful for:
1. My Twin Nephews: C (is on the Left) and G (is on the Right). I'm thankful for how perfect (yes, I'm biased) they are, and how much love I have in my heart for them (I can't believe they are only 6 days old today!!!). I swear there is really nothing better (as of late) than holding/cuddling with a baby.
2. My Parents. Both my mom and dad had some severe (and unrelated) health problems this fall--they were in two different hospitals at the same time, although my mom was in for quite a bit longer than dad. (I can't lie--it was probably the most scared and lost I've ever felt in my life). They are both doing so well now, it's nothing short of miraculous. I'm thankful that they are here and that they are healthy. I'm thankful that they are really good roommates...and they've not only unconditionally loved me, but put up with me for twenty-six years (which I can promise, and they would tell you, is no easy task).
3. Law School & Work. I'm so grateful that I made the right choice to begin law school right after I finished undergraduate. Furthermore I'm so blessed to have a clerkship that is really a perfect fit for me. I've second guessed school at times, but am so thankful for the opportunities and friends that it has brought my way...I can't wait to see what the future holds in regards to my legal career, this is definitely a fun and exciting time in my life that I'm grateful for. It's one of those moments where I can think (and giggle) that "My future's so bright I better be wearin some shades..." hahaha!
4. Friends. When it comes to friends, I honestly feel like I am so undeserving, but blessed with the most amazing women and men who I get to call my friends. I have so many friends that I refer to as my "Best" friend, or as a "Close" friend, and I feel like each and every friend of mine is that. I have had a rough month so far (although this past week has been amazing) and the outpouring of love and support (and
5. Faith. I don't normally talk about religion or faith on my blog, so this will be very concise. I'm thankful that I can pray, go to church, and love God... I'm thankful that actions speak much louder than words when it comes to faith... and I'm thankful that Jesus not only Loves me...but Loves EVERYONE.
What are you thankful for?