Friday, March 25, 2011

Five Faves

Happy Friday Friends!  I hope your week has been simply divine...I know mine has... I'm not sure if it's because there are 5 weeks left in my first year of law school, getting to spend time with friends, or the snow on the ground when I woke up this morning!  Here are some of my latest and greatest FAVORITES--if you have some time this coming weekend, give them a try!

1. The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven.  When I was first given this book, I scoffed at the non-fiction premise of a little boy (Alex) who spent time in Heaven while he laid in a coma for two months after a devastating car wreck. However, once I began reading it, I couldn't put it down.  Not only is it an incredible, and very moving, true story--but it's one that really refreshed my perspective.  Definitely a must read.  Here is the website that explains a little more about the book and Alex's Journey (the coma, his health issues, being the first child to have the Christopher Reeve surgery, and his miraculous time in heaven).


Clarisonic.com

2. Clarisonic.  I know I've twittered about my clarisonic, but I've never blogged about it.  I purchased mine this past August-ish... And I still love it.  The Clarisonic removes 6x's more makeup than normal washing, reduces oily areas, dry patches and blemishes, annnnnd minimizes pores.  It's portable (read easy to take in your gym bag or on a trip), it actually works--I love how SOFT my skin is after I use it, and i love how clean my skin gets when I use it--that way my Obagi Products (Vitamin C Serum/The Blender) seem to 'sink in' to my skin a lot better.  I got mine at Sephora, I know they sell them at Von Maur, but you can learn all about the Clarisonic right here :)



Image Credit: RedMangoUSA.com

3.  Red Mango.  I love Red Mango, I almost feel like I have a relationship with it--but when I say relationship I mean the "honeymoon phase" of a relationship where everything is PERFECT.  There are currently 2 in my city.  The first in One Pac (105th and Pacific) and the other in Legacy (168th-ish and Center)--and I have to say that One Pac is my favorite--mainly because the people who work there are AWESOME and my friend Laurel and I got a shout out on their facebook fan page : "I can honestly say with all truth & sincerity that Red Mango has the best costumers in the whole world! In 1 shift, we made friends (hollering to you Laurel & Emily if you're reading this!) who were so nice & made us laugh w/their March photo entry(ya'll have competition now)"--I'll post our photo entry next week!  Along with the fantastic people who work there--the yogurt is like the best thing ever.  It's healthy (until you put toppings on!), kosher, gluten free, 30ish calories/oz, and it is a level above delicious.  If I could afford this for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner--I WOULD--and I would NEVER get sick of it!!! So, if you haven't checked it out...CHECK IT OUT and let me know what you think--I can't wait to hear :)


thefryecompany.com

4. Frye Boots.  If you know me you know that I am completely fascinated with cowboy boots...Why? I'm a Midwest girl, I don't have a horse (I would like one if anyone (hint, hint DAD) is looking for present ideas), and if there isn't snow on the ground (and I have a pedicure) I'm in flip flops.  But there is just something so sexy to me about the right pair of cowboy or cowgirl boots with the right outfit, or with the right person wearing them... eg if Josh Groban wore them, I'd be drooling.  I've been coveting a pair of Frye's for quite awhile, and I finally bought some.  They are so comfortable, they are the perfect brownish blackish color, and, well, they're Fryes... I decided on the Harness Style because I felt they were more versatile and 'midwestern' than some of the other styles, plus they're a piece I know I'll have forever.  :)

5. Turning Heads.  I love getting my hair cut--I don't color it (gasp), I get it cut 3-4 times a year, and usually after the sun damage I get in the summer (if I'm not faithful about wearing my baseball cap when I run or go to the pool) I'll get regular conditioning treatments.  A lot of people at school will ask where I get my hair done because they're not from Omaha, or where I would suggest for a facial, massage, shellac--and this is my go-to place for all things beauty.  I go to Nikki for my hair who co-owns the salon with her mom, but I would trust anyone there, as would mom and dad (they've tried a few of the stylists)!!!  One of my favorite things about Turning Heads are the monthly specials--these have allowed me to try so many of their great services at a fraction of the cost!  Their newest endeavor is a tooth whitening system--which is what I want to try next.  Bottom line, if you're looking for a new salon--give Turning Heads a try*--you'll love it! (*if you do try Turning Heads--they have a referral program (which I PROMISE I just noticed via their website) and I would love it if you'd mention that I sent you in!!!

What are your thoughts on my faves from this week?  Any suggestions of places/things I should try for next week!?

No comments:

Post a Comment