Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote


I'm not going to soapbox about my politics. 

But I am going to wax poetic about what an honor and privilege it is that we the people are given the right to vote.

I went to my polling place this morning between my juvenile law and criminal law classes. I was so proud to be a part of an extremely important decision, excited that my voice would be heard, and nervous about the outcome hours (or weeks) away. 

I'll leave you with a quote from FDR: 
"
Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting."

Go Vote...and God Bless America


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! What a priveledge it is to have our opinions matter and voices heard. I'm proudly sporting my "I Voted" sticker as we speak! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent in my absentee ballot, but I'm sad I didn't get an "I Voted" sticker, especially since this was the first presidential election I could vote in! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete