Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Twenty-Four

I turned Twenty-Four this past Friday...and it was a wonderful birthday! I started my day off with a long and slow run outdoors. The weather was perfect (sunshine and a slight breeze) and seeing the fall colors put a big smile on my face (hard to imagine, I know). After my run I came home with the hope of a 20 minute nap, and ended up sleeping for 3 hours!!! Following that, mom and I went to TCBY for lunch--white chocolate mousse with lots and lots of cookie dough--and then did a bit of shopping. My day ended with dinner at Blue Sushi (on 144th and Maple) with my parents, David (my older brother) and Kathryn (my sister-in-law/friend). The picture is of Kathryn at I at Blue on Friday night, I think it turned out really cute!!! It was so nice being on fall break on my birthday, I didn't do any studying at all that day, and just relaxed!


On Sunday, I worked for two hours, went to church and then prepared oral arguments with a couple friends from my constitutional law class. Following that I ran around making party favors for my friends--Bath and Body hand sanitizer, Fall Colored Nail Polish (Purples, Silvers and Dark Blue), and Candy--and wrote each of them a note...Because I try to fit as much as possible in a day as I can, I met my 'mentor/2nd mom/parent's friend' Cheryl at Clancy's for a quick drink and snack for my birthday, and to tell her all about law school so far! She surprised me with some Godiva and a gift card to Von Maur =D.

The picture above is of Meg, myself , Ally and Rachel--we showed up a little early and had a nice drink/gossip session prior to dinner. I think the bartender didn't think our jokes were as funny as we did. 

One of the reasons I picked to go to Charlestons was the atmosphere, it is classy, warm and easy to hold a conversation--especially with a bigger group of people. Even more than that though, the food is delicious (especially their spinach artichoke dip). It was such a special memory sitting with this incredible group of girls and having wonderful conversation, great food, and lots of laughs. It was also fun seeing my friends (none really who knew each other too well prior to this) click with each other, and find some great commonalities.  I am so thankful for my wonderful friends, they are the most empathetic, kind, beautiful (inside and outside), intelligent, awesome women in the world! I really felt so special and lucky as I enjoyed their company on Sunday night.
(Back-Meg, Ally, Emily, Kathryn, Terah.
Front-Laurel, Rachel, Tricia)

Sadly it is back to school now, 6 weeks left in the semester until finals...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment