Saturday, August 21, 2010

Asia?

On my way to orientation on Thursday, one of my friends had texted me to see what I was up to for the day...Trying to make the most of my 160 characters in my return message--I replied and abbreviated orientation to 'orient.' Her immediate response was definitely one of her more memorable ones--are you going to China?! She was serious, but it sure made me giggle, which took away some of the 'first day' butterflies.

Little did I know how accurate her (silly) question would be. The past few days, during orientation, I've felt like I've been in a foreign country. There are different customs, new people to meet, a different language to learn and just a sense of wide-eyed amazement, alternating with fear. And yet with all of those feelings, and new things happening, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else... I'm hoping in the next few days, weeks or even months, I'll assimilate to this new 'country.' Until then, I'm going to enjoy the new experiences, people and even textbooks...

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment