Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Banana Bread



I made Banana Bread this weekend. Actually I was cleaning and almost ready to take a long nap when I noticed the bananas on the counter were looking ‘questionable…’ Normally I would have immediately thrown them away (especially with a nap on my radar), but it was a cooler (mid-80s) day than normal—and I had been in the mood to bake since Friday…Banana Bread seemed like the perfect solution. 

I found my recipe from Food Network...but made a few tweaks:

1 cup Granulated Sugar
8 Tablespoons Butter (I used the Land O' Lakes Brand--Whipped instead)
4 egg whites
4 medium ripe bananas
1 Tablespoon Skim Milk
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

1) Preheat the oven to 325
2) Mix the Sugar and Butter until light and fluffy--add egg whites one at a time.
3) Mash Bananas together--mix in milk and cinnamon--add to the sugar mixture, and stir until combined.
4) Add in the dry ingredients and mix until the flour disappears
5) Pour batter into a greased loaf pan (or two)...and bake for 65 minutes

What surprised me the most--other than the deliciousness level--was how easy this was to make :) What's your favorite quickbread to make?





No comments:

Post a Comment