Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Perfect Sangria

Last week I got on a Sangria kick...
Not one, but two, nights I had some fantastic sangria.
Like eating the fruit out of the bottom of the glass before I let the server take it away kind of awesome.



Since I liked it so much, I thought it might be fun (and delicious) to make my own.
I googled, pinterested, and improvised. 
Which Resulted in the "perfect" Sangria :)

(We used these 2 carafes plus a big Tupperware pitcher)

Ingredients:
2 Oranges      
2Lemons
2Limes     
2 (small) Jars of Pineapple Chunks 
2 Containers of Raspberries
5 cups of Ginger Ale
5-6 shots of American Honey Whiskey (or the alcohol of your choice, we decided to use this because we didn't want to add all of the sugar)
2 bottles of your favorite Red 
(We used (a Spanish) Sierra Cantabria Rioja Tinto 2009)

Cut Up The Fruit, and when adding it to the liquid mixture, make sure to squeeze the citrus fruit...before putting it into the liquid.

Let 'fester' for at least 4 hours or a few days...



Pour over ice, and enjoy...down to the last piece of fruit in your glass. 

3 comments:

  1. YUM. I love sangria! I have a recipe I got from InStyle years ago for Winter White - it has cinnamon and cranberries. It's SO good at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I love it, too. And I know exactly what you mean about eating the fruit at the bottom. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sangria! This one looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete